Below is a list of our current subsidies, grants and discounts, many of which are made possible with the help of our generous funders. Please note that all subsidies are subject to conditions. Please call us for more information.
Ceiling & Underfloor Insulation
- Currently no Government subsidies available
- Where no subsidy is available
|25% CEA discount|
Ceiling & Underfloor
Woodburner and Pellet Fire Heating
- Homeowner (owner-occupier) of a home built before 2008 AND
- Have a valid Community Services Card or SuperGold combo card, OR
- own and be living in a home in an area identified as lower-income - contact us to find out if your address qualifies, OR
- Families referred through the Ministry of Health’s Healthy Homes Initiative (currently only available through 11 North Island District Health Boards, Canterbury NOT included). Find out more here
90% heating subsidy
(up to $3,000 maximum)
- the above subsidy does not apply
25% CEA discount for insulation only
| Home Energy Check|
- Living in the Christchurch area, or
|Free *while subsidies last|
| Wood Burner Training|
- Living in Christchurch, Rangiora, Ashburton or Kaiapoi
Free *while subsidies last
Warmer Kiwi Homes
Warmer Kiwi Homes is targeted at low-income owner-occupiers and started 1 July, 2018. The new programme does not include financial support for landlords. We strongly advise any landlords who have still got to insulate their property to contact us as the new Residential Tenancies Act requires all tenanted properties to be insulated.
If affordability is an issue, CEA may be able to organise other financial assistance including interest free payment plans over a number of months, to help. Criteria apply.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to give us a free call on 0800 GET WARM (0800 438 9276), call 03 374 7222, or email email@example.com to find out how we can help you.